Google

Do Step Counts Motivate You?

Do Step Counts Motivate You?


In a recent article for the New Yorker, David Sedaris describes his loving relationship with his Fitbit and how it motivates him throughout the day. So, we want to know, do you feel step shame? Do those step counts actually motivate you to leave the house and walk?


Sedaris describes his relationship pretty bluntly:



"The Fitbit is a digital trainer, perpetually egging us on. During the first few weeks that I had it, I'd return to my hotel at the end of the day, and when I discovered that I'd taken a total of, say, twelve thousand steps, I'd go out for another three thousand. "But why?" Hugh asked when I told him about it. "Why isn't twelve thousand enough?"


"Because," I told him, "my Fitbit thinks I can do better."



But that's just him. We want to know how you feel. Do those step counts on your Fitbit, phone, or wherever else, actually motivate you?


Stepping Out | The New Yorker


Photo by Becky Stern .


Comments

0 Responses to "Do Step Counts Motivate You?"

Post a Comment

Google

About